Monday, January 14, 2008

Request voting precinct geographical data

Hello all,

After brfox's message, I have been scavenging the net for a database that would allow me to map New Hampshire voting precincts.

I found some data at the USGS, however voting precincts do not match ZIP codes exactly. Also I need latitude/longitude data.

So I parsed the latlong data from Wikipedia, which lists 223 towns. Here it is, feel free to use it or to complete it.

We can do a paired study on adjacent voting precints with different methods, or do a regression analysis with latitude/longitude as extra data.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Hi-

That's impressive to parse wikipedia, but the census does have it in shapefile format which I was able to use in R (after much learning).

See my script below:

http://politics.reddit.com/info/6512f/comments/c02w4f5